This is a special test guide. It is important that you study
everything listed on the study guide. However, I strongly encourage you put more emphasis on the following topics:
- Function of Management.
- Basic principles of management techniques.
- Responsibilities and skills of Administrative Office Managers.
- Centralization vs decentralization of managerial authority.
- Physical centralization and decentralization of office operations.
- Challenges faced by the AOM.
- Purposes of communication.
- Flow of communication.
- Office environment.
- Impact of office environment on employees.
- Performance appraisal.
- Measurement and standard setting.
- Sources of potential office workers.
- Interviewing (direct, indirect and patterned interview; record of
- Training techniques--Information distribution, simulation techniques,
on the job techniques.
- Organizational principles or basic principles of management.
It is not necessary for you to study
the following topics because they will not be included in the test/final examination.
- School of Management Thought (item 1.5 on the Study Guide).
However, it is necessary to study Leffingwell theory.
- Adminstrative Office Systems (item 2.0 on the Study Guide).
The whole topic will not be included in the test/final examination.
- Topics on "organization structure (items 3.4.1, 3.4.2, and 3.4.3).